Dugdale is best know for writing and directing high profile music documentaries and concert films. His role often involves being creative lead on a project, from the conception of the creative approach, writing, structure and aesthetic through to execution and completion.
To date 13 of Dugdale’s films have also been released theatrically, playing in movie theatres and cinemas around the world.
He has had 6 separate stand alone feature length music films on Netflix.
Dugdale’s work for Adele alone has received well in excess of 1 Billion views on Youtube
Ariana Grande ‘excuse me, i love you’ (Netflix Special)
The Rolling Stones ‘Olé! Olé! Olé!’ (Theatrical release / Netflix)
Harry Styles: Behind the Album (Apple)
Lenny Kravitz ‘Just Let Go’ (Theatrical release)
ELO ‘Wembley or Bust’ (Theatrical release)
Coldplay ‘Live 2012’ (Theatrical release)
The Rolling Stones ‘Sweet Summer Sun’ (Theatrical release)
Ed Sheeran ‘Jumpers for Goalposts’ (Theatrical release)
Die Toten Hosen ‘You Only Live Once’ (Theatrical release)
Above and Beyond ‘Giving Up The Day Job’ (Theatrical release)
Harry Styles: One Night Only in New York (Apple Music)
Maluma LIVE: Medallo En EL Mapa. Atanasio Girardot Stadium. Medellin Colombia (Prime Video)
Adele One Night Only (CBS & Paramount +)
The Smile: Live in London (Sky Arts)
Coldplay Live From climate Pledge Arena (Amazon Prime)
Ed Sheeran The Equals Live Experience (Amazon Prime)
Shawn Mendes Live in Concert. (Netflix Special)
Coldplay: Everyday Life - Live in Jordan (YouTube Originals)
Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour (Netflix Special)
Paul McCartney Live at the Cavern Club (BBC 1)
Ludovico Einaudi Live (Apple Music)
Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall (Theatrical release)
Coldplay ‘Ghost Stories’ (NBC Special)
The Rolling Stones ‘Sticky Fingers’ (DVD Blu Ray)
The Rolling Stones ‘Havana Moon’ (Theatrical release)
The Prodigy ‘Worlds on Fire’ (Theatrical release)
Chris: Live at the Salle Pleyel Paris (Apple Music)
One Direction ‘This is Us’ (Theatrical release)
Sam Smith ‘The Thrill Of It All Live’ (Apple Music)
One Direction ‘Where we Are’ (Theatrical release)
Helene Fischer Die Arena Tournee (DVD Blu Ray)
Helene Fischer Die Stadion-Tour Live (DVD Blu Ray)
- EMMY 2022. Winner for Outstanding Direction.‘Adele One Night Only’.
- BAFTA 2022. Winner for Best Director Multi Camera. Glastonbury Festival: Live at Worthy Farm
- Directors Guild of America Award. Winner. Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Variety/ Talk / News/ Sports Special 2021. ‘Adele One night Only’.
- Broadcast Awards 2022 for Best Music Programme. Sam Smith: Live at Abbey Road Studios. Nomination
- Royal Television Society Awards 2021. Best Multi-camera Director. Winner (Glastonbury Festival: Live at Worthy Farm)
- MTV Movie and TV Awards 2021. Best Music Documentary. Ariana Grande ‘excuse me. i love you’. Nomination
-Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour. Nomination- UK Music Video Awards 2020. Best Music film. Ludovico Einaudi- Apple Music Live from the Steve Jobs Theatre. Nomination
- Broadcast Digital Awards for Best Live Coverage. Coldplay: everyday Life Live from Jordan. Nomination
- Royal Television Society Craft and Design 2020. Award for Multi-camera work. Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour. Nomination
- Double nomination 2019 Broadcast Awards. Best Music Programme. ‘Radio 1 Biggest Weekend’ and ‘Wembley or Bust’
- ‘Best Live Music Coverage’ UK Music Video Awards 2018. Royal Blood. Nomination
- Double nomination 2018 Broadcast Awards. Best Music Programme. The Rolling Stones ‘Olé! Olé! Olé!’ and Harry Styles: ‘Behind the Record’
- Double nomination UK Music Awards 2017 Best Live Coverage Haim : Behind the Record. The Rolling Stones Olé! Olé! Olé!
- Q Magazine Awards 2017: Best Music film. Nomination. The Rolling Stones Havana Moon.
- NME Awards 2017: Best Music film. Nomination. The Rolling Stones Havana Moon.
- Double nomination Broadcast Magazine Awards 2017 Best Music Programme. Ed Sheeran ‘Jumpers for Goalposts’ and Lenny Kravitz ‘Just Let Go’
- The 57th Grammy awards 2015. Best Music Film. Nominee. ‘Coldplay Ghost Stories’
- Broadcast Magazine Awards 2015 Best Music Programme: ‘Coldplay Ghost Stories’ WINNER
- Double nomination Broadcast Magazine Awards 2015 Best Music Programme. Coldplay ‘Ghost Stories- The Film’ and The Rolling Stones ‘Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live’
- Double nomination UK Music Awards 2014 Best Live Coverage. Coldplay ‘Ghost Stories- The Film’ and The Rolling Stones ‘Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live’
- ‘Best Live Music Coverage’ UK Music Video Awards 2015. Lenny Kravitz. ‘Just Let Go’ WINNER
- ‘Best Live Music Coverage’ UK Music Video Awards 2015. Mumford and Sons. Hospital Sessions. Nomination
- The 56th Grammy awards 2014. Best Music Film. Nominee. ‘Coldplay Live 2012’
- Royal Television Society Craft and Design. Award for Multi-camera work. Adele ‘Live at The Royal Albert Hall.’ WINNER
- BAFTA. Best Sport / Live event. Nominee. ‘Glastonbury 2013’
- ‘Best Live Music Coverage’ UK Music Video Awards. Winner. The Prodigy ‘Worlds on Fire’
- ‘Best Live Music Coverage’ UK Music Video Awards. Nominee, 4 times. 2009 ‘The Prodigy’, 2010 ‘The Prodigy’, 2011 ‘Jessie J’, 2012 ‘The Jo Whiley Show’
- Broadcast Awards 2014. ‘Best Music Programme’ Winner Glastonbury 2013
- Broadcast Awards 2013. ‘Best Music Programme’ Highly Commended ‘House Party’
- Guild of television Cameramen Award for Excellence 2013. Winner. ‘Coldplay Live 2012’
- Music Week Award ‘Best Television program featuring music.’ Nominee. ‘The Jo Whiley Music Show.’
- Music Producers Guild Awards. ‘Best Live Production of the year.’ Nominee. ‘Adele Live at The Royal Albert Hall.‘
- The campaign for ‘ASOS’ by BBH that Dugdale contributed to, was an award winner at this year’s prestigious British Arrow Awards.
Dugdale works freelance worldwide, is a member of the DGA and holds a valid O1 US work visa.
COMMERCIALS / BRANDED CONTENT
Dugdale has worked closely with a host of brands to create commercials and branded content for multiple broadcast platforms.
YouTube: Coldplay Live album launch in Jordan. The London transmission of the first ever Youtube Awards from Abbey Road London.
Apple Music: Elton John, Little Mix, Christine and the Queens, Noel Gallagher, Sam Smith, Britney Spears, One Republic, Calvin Harris and many others.
‘Red Bull Future Underground’ 3 nights of concert parties at a secret underground location in central London.
Red Bull Primavera Sound 2016 Festival coverage.
‘Red Bull Revolutions In Sound’ saw 32 artists performing in the iconic London Eye, creating 30 simultaneous clubs for 1 landmark night of world beating dance music. It beat the world record previously held by the Olympics 2012 for most live streams broadcast in history.
A multi camera commercial for ‘Hello Bank’ / BNP Paribas, saw Dugdale shoot in Prague with world renowned conductor Libor Pesek for a technologically ground breaking multimedia project creating an orchestra out of phones and tablets.
He has also directed films and commercials for a number of other brands including:
Levis, Adidas, Guinness, ASOS, Ray-Ban, Lyle and Scott, Blackberry, and AMEX
Dugdale works shooting both live to air and pre recorded television broadcasts. Scripted and non scripted, Music specials, Award shows, Festivals, Comedy and chat shows.
Dugdale has directed performance shoots for a whole host of artists. They include:
Taylor swift, Green Day, The Rolling Stones, U2, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Paul McCartney, Shawn Mendes, Florence and the Machine, Coldplay, Elton John, Sam Smith, Haim, Above and Beyond, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Robbie Williams, Kendrick Lamar, Calvin Harris, One Direction, Mumford and Sons, Justin Bieber, Mark Ronson, Public Enemy, Rihanna, The Prodigy, The Killers, Bon Jovi, ELO, ASAP Rocky, Duran Duran, Chic, Grand Master Flash, The Horrors, The Kills, David Guetta, Pulp, The Maccabees, Noel Gallagher, Erick Morillo, Kasabian, Bobby Womak, Skrillex and many many more